Technical Staff and Services Strategic Group
The Technical Staff and Services Strategic Group (TSSSG) meets a minimum of three times each year. It reports to the University Planning and Resources Committee. The group is responsible for:
- Establishing a clear vision for technical resources at Bristol
- Developing a strategy for technical provision, to include investment, structure and purpose, and fit with academic and professional services strategies
- Setting and driving consistent standards for technical support of teaching and research, including health and safety.
- Developing a strategy for issues related to the technical staff population profile, to include impact of single points of failure, succession planning, recruitment, and ‘the technical career’.
- Establishing a consistent technician leadership framework that reflects the UoB leadership behaviours and technician representation at appropriate levels.
The Review Group is composed of:
- Pro Vice-Chancellor for Research (Chair) - Nishan Canagarajah
- Director of Human Resources - Guy Gregory
- Staff Development Officer (Technical Staff) - Allison McRitchie
- A Dean of Faculty - Tim Gallagher (Science)
- A Faculty Manager - Stephen Brooke (Biomedical Sciences)
- A School Manager - Amanda Carmichael (School of Clinical Sciences)
- A member of staff from IT Services - Ian Stewart (Director, Advanced Research Computing)
- A representative from UNITE - Tony MacDonald (Trade Union Officer)
- Technical Managers and Technical Staff Representatives
- Fred Hale (Science)
- Steve Gaze (Technical Manager, Biomedical Sciences)
- Sue Christie (Lab Manager, School of Clinical Science)
- Deborah Gibbs (Resource Manager, Arts)
- David Hooper (Manager, Materials Group Research Laboratories, Engineering)
- Gareth Young (Deputy Technical Manager, Biomedical Sciences)