University accommodation

If you apply before 30 june 2018, we guarantee to offer you a place in University accommodation.

You can apply for University accommodation once you have accepted your International Foundation Programme offer.

Find out more and apply online.

Private rented accommodation

If you choose to stay in private accommodation, get advice from the Accommodation Office or Bristol SU Lettings. These University services offer advice and support when you are looking for somewhere to live.

If you decide to stay in private accommodation:

  • You will have to pay Council Tax for the time you are on the course. For more information about Council Tax, download our Council Tax factsheet (PDF, 376kB). 
  • You must get a tenancy agreement (a contract between you and the person who owns the house you live in). This agreement confirms where you are living and you will need this document to open bank accounts.

Changes in UK law have made it difficult for students to find private rented accommodation from abroad. We advise you to book through the University Accommodation Office.

Accommodation advice

Find out more about accommodation and look at the different residences.

If you have any questions, please contact the Accommodation Office directly. 

Edit this page