Arrivals and transport
Further details will be published on this page over the coming months, so please check back.
Before you travel checklist
To do now
- See if you need a student visa for study in the UK.
- Buy travel tickets and travel insurance.
- Visit your dentist/optician as care can be expensive in the UK.
- Read our pages about the city of Bristol.
- Look at GOV.UK's Student arrival guide to help you through passport control when you arrive at the UK Border.
- If you have a disability contact Disability Services to access their full range of support.
- Check the HM Revenue and Customs website to see what you can bring into the UK.
Just before you travel
We will add information here over the next few months.
When to arrive
We organise activites for new students to help you settle in. These take place in Welcome Week, 24-28 September 2018.
Teaching starts on 1 October 2018.
Where we can meet you
Leaving home and arriving in a different country can be overwhelming. We are here to help.
We can meet you when you arrive in the UK, if you arrive on certain dates and at certain airports (details to be confirmed). Our friendly Student Ambassadors will meet you and take you to your accommodation.
Our Student Ambassadors will be wearing red and white T-shirts and holding a University of Bristol sign.
How to get to Bristol, if you arrive at another time
If you are delayed, or you arrive at any other time, you must organise your own travel to Bristol.
Read UKCISA travel and transport in the UK general information.
If you are planning to arrive before you can move in to your university accommodation, you will have to arrange accommodation. Have a look at where can you stay for more information.
We recommend you fly to Bristol Airport which has flights from international airports around the world
You can to collect the key to your accommodation during arrivals weekend. You will be sent information about arranging your key collection time.
If you arrive before your accommodation is ready, you can find information about hotels and guesthouses in Where to stay.
Find out more about arrivals and moving in.