Please note: the content on these pages is for students who started in 2018. Information for the 2019 programme will be available nearer the time.
You need to register:
- online – before you arrive
- in person – on the first day of your course.
- You need your student number.
- The programme is based in the Faculty of Arts.
- Check your term and home contact addresses are correct.
When to register online
You can register online now. You must do this before you arrive.
Online Certificate of Registration
You must print the final page of your online registration and bring it with you to the UK. This is your Online Certificate of Registration, and you will need it to register in person.
When you register online, the system may produce a Pre-registration checklist for you. If one is produced for you, you must attend a Pre-registration check, before you register in person.
Register in person
On Tuesday 25 September, you need to register in person to confirm your attendance and to collect important documentation. Registration will take place in the Wills Memorial Building between 3:00 and 4:30 pm.
Bring these items with you:
- a print out of your ‘Online Certificate of Registration’
- a print out of your 'Registration checklist'
- your passport
- original IELTS certificate
- your original High School transcript and certificate
- your home address and your Bristol address (written down)
- contact details of a family member we can contact if there is an emergency
- a pen and some paper.
On Wednesday 26 September, you need to complete registration on in the CELFS (Centre for English Language and Foundation Studies) office in the Richmond Building. You will be able to pick up your UCard here.
When and where to register are on your Welcome Week timetable.
Get your password from your agent
If your agent registered online for you, they will have set a password. Ask your agent for this password before you travel to the UK.
If your visa requires you to register with the police, you must do this within 7 days of arriving in the UK. You can find more information from Student Visa Services on their police registration page.
For more information on how to register as a foreign national, visit the police website.