Your health and wellbeing
Being at University can be exciting but there may be times when you struggle with the demands of studying or life in general. It can be difficult being away from your home, family and friends, but at Bristol, you are not on your own and there is always someone to talk to.
Your Support Services
If you're not feeling great, we have a range of services available to support you.
Look after yourself
Looking after yourself is essential for a happy and productive student life. Find out how you can keep well.
Help someone else
If you are concerned or worried about someone else, find out how you can help.
Exercise keeps your mind fit and healthy as well as your body. Find out more about the benefits of exercise for your wellbeing and how you can keep active at Bristol.
- Where to get study help
- Extenuating circumstances
- Make an academic appeal
- Suspend your studies
- Apply for religious observance
- Make a complaint
Student life issues
- Course concerns
- Money worries
- Housing concerns
- Homesick and lonely
- Personal and relationship issues
- Personal safety
Working or studying away
- Find out what support is available to you while you are studying or working abroad or on a work placement in the UK
Religious and spiritual support
- Our support
- Services for you
Dealing with unhealthy habits
Find out what help is available for:
- Substance abuse
- Eating or sleeping disorders
- Or other unhealthy habits.
Big White Wall
Big White Wall helps you to get support, take control and feel better when you are anxious, low or not coping.
The online service is free, available 24/7 and completely anonymous.
- Chat to other members who may be experiencing the same things as you
- Access a range of tools to help you self-manage
- Set goals and track progress
- Access articles, videos and online courses.
Report and Support
We have a zero tolerance approach to harassment, assault and discrimination. Report and Support launches in October to make it easier for students and staff to report incidents and seek advice.