Your support services
Students' Health Service
Book an appointment to see one of our doctors if you are worried about your physical or mental wellbeing.
Tel: +44 (0)117 330 2720
Call this dedicated phoneline for advice and a listening ear during the night. Students run this service.
Tel: +44 (0)117 926 6266
Open 8 pm - 8 am , Monday to Friday, term time
Student Counselling Service
Access our counselling service via self-help, workshops, groups or individual counselling.
Tel: +44 (0)117 954 6655
3rd Floor, Hampton House BS6 6AU
Visit for pastoral and spiritual support, religious information and advice. A welcoming space, for those of all faiths and none.
Tel: +44 (0)117 954 6600
Access our service for advice, information and guidance if you have a disability.
Tel: +44 (0)117 331 0444
Contact us for advice on academic issues, University complaints and information on other aspects of student life.
Tel: +44 (0)117 331 8634
If you are feeling distressed and need immediate help:
- Contact your doctor's surgery and request an emergency appointment. If your surgery is not open, contact the NHS Out of Hours Service on 111 available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobiles.
- Call the Samaritans on 116 123 available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Calls are free from landlines and mobiles.
- If you feel at immediate risk of harm to yourself, go straight to your nearest hospital Accident and Emergency department or call Emergency Services on 999.
- The Student Counselling Service does not offer emergency support but does have a list of local services which may be able to help. The list includes services open 24 hours.
Introduction to support services
Big White Wall
Big White Wall helps you to get support, take control and feel better when you are anxious, low or not coping.
The online service is free, available 24/7 and completely anonymous.
- Chat to other members who may be experiencing the same things as you
- Access a range of tools to help you self-manage
- Set goals and track progress
- Access articles, videos and online courses.