As part of your digital induction, try a range of activities and resources to get you ready to start your studies. You can engage with them in your own time and at your own pace.
How things will work this year
Digitally Ready course
This course is designed to help you get 'digitally ready' for your studies.
Whether you are digitally confident and ready to go or don't know where to start, the course is designed for everyone.
The more you take part in now, the easier things will feel by the time you get into your studies.
The course covers:
- how to get practical experience of using Blackboard tools
- how to get involved with your student community online
- gives you an opportunity to explore your virtual classroom
- introduces you to some online study skills and the library
- provides guidance on when and where to get more help if you need it.
Or, check under 'My Organisations' from your Blackboard homepage to join the course.
Wellbeing: Being Well, Living Well toolkit
The toolkit helps you take a positive approach to your mental, physical, emotional and financial wellbeing.
It provides tips and tools to help you in all aspects of student life such as: what to expect, adapting to change, managing your money and building healthy relationships.
It has modules for you to work through and topics for you to discuss with friends.
How to access Being Well, Living Well
You can access the toolkit anytime using your single sign-on in Blackboard. You are enrolled a few days after your Blackboard account becomes active.
If you want to access the Being Well, Living Well content sooner, you can self-enrol and access it now.
- Follow the self-enrol link on Blackboard
- Log in with your University ID and Password
- Follow the instructions for joining
If you don’t see the self-enrol button, you’re already enrolled.
Being Well, Living Well is available from the 'My Organisations' section.
Careers: it's never too early to start
Our Careers Service is here to help you get where you want to be when you graduate.
Login to mycareer from our Careers Service website to explore events, job vacancies, and a range of resources to help get your career planning started.
Watch our film to Meet your Careers Service and get to know what help, resources and support we can offer you.
If you've got a question or need some help or support, join us for a chat. We’re looking forward to talking to you.
Equality, diversity and inclusion course
We want Bristol to be a welcoming inclusive environment where all our students and staff can thrive.
To help with this, we are running a short course to give you important information about equality, diversity and inclusion.
This will help you both while you are here, and in your life after university.
The course will include:
- what support is available at Bristol
- how to report any concerns
- time to reflect on your own behaviour to ensure we offer a welcoming environment for all
- Stay in your Living Circle (if you are in halls) or household and,
- Follow social distancing when outside your group.
So you can:
- Enjoy face-to-face teaching
- Get to know Bristol better and avoid a local lockdown
- Keep our community safe
- Make the most of your student experience
Need help? Contact us
Tel: +44 (0)117 428 3000