Applying to Access to Bristol
Access to Bristol is designed for students who have the grades, motivation and potential to succeed at a Russell Group university.
Access to Bristol brochure 2017/18
Download the 2017/18 Access to Bristol brochure (PDF, 1,604kB) for more information.
Who can apply?
To apply you must:
- be in your first or second year of A-level study (or equivalent), with the exception of the Pathways to Law and Pathways to Health Sciences streams, which are two-year programmes and therefore open to students in Year 12 only;
- be resident in a BA, BS or other local postcode within an hour’s journey of the University of Bristol;
- attend a state school or college.
The scheme is very popular and there is high demand for places. If a subject stream is oversubscribed, we will give priority to those who meet all or most of the following criteria:
- have the academic ability to study at the University of Bristol (meeting the GCSE entry requirements for their chosen subject stream);
- are part of the first generation in their family to go to university;
- live in a Low Participation Area (LPA);
- attend an aspiring state school or college;
- are in the care of the Local Authority;
- have completed the Students in Schools programme with the University of Bristol or the Going Places programme.
How to apply
Applications for Access to Bristol 2017/18 are now closed. Please check back for details of application for 2018/19 entry later in the year.
Timeline and term dates
Access to Bristol sessions take place on Wednesday afternoons from 2 pm to 4:30 pm during term time. For further details of the subject streams and session dates, download the 2017/18 Access to Bristol brochure (PDF, 1,604kB)
We recommend that you discuss your application to the programme with your head of sixth form. You will need permission from your school or college to attend the sessions and we ask for a contact at your school on your application form.
If you have any questions, or need any assistance with the application form, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org