How to apply
Applications for the 2017 Sutton Trust Summer School can be made online.
Applicants must be in Year 12 or equivalent (eg S5 in Scotland) and attend a state school or college. We are looking for applicants who meet all or most of our key criteria and will give priority to those who:
- will be the first generation in their family to attend university;
- have achieved at least 5 As or A*s at GCSE, 5 credit passes at Standard Grade or equivalent;
- attend schools or colleges with a low overall A-Level, Higher/Advanced Higher (or equivalent) point score and/or schools or colleges with low progression rates to higher education;
- come from neighbourhoods with low overall progression rates to higher education or high levels of socioeconomic deprivation;
- are (or have been) looked after, accommodated or in care;
- are under the age of 18 at the time of the summer school;
- meet the entry requirements for their chosen stream. Please refer to subject stream information for further details.
Where a stream is oversubscribed and two applicants meet an equal number of the criteria listed above, we will look at the applicants’ GCSE attainment and suitability for the subject.