Management courses for 2018
- BSc Accounting and Management (NN42)
- BSc Accounting and Management with Study Abroad
- BSc Economics and Management (LN12)
- BSc Economics and Management with Study Abroad
- BSc International Business Management (N120)
- BSc International Business Management with Study Abroad
- BSc Management (N200)
- MSci Management with Innovation (N204)
- BSc Management with Study Abroad
- BSc Management with Study in Continental Europe (4H56)
Our management degrees:
- combine rigorous theory with real-world relevance;
- develop skills that equip you to solve new problems, rather than just giving standard answers to today's issues;
- develop critical thinking and analytical skills that are highly attractive to employers;
- have a strong international dimension that reflects the global nature of business.
Why study Management at Bristol?
Organisations, and those who lead them, are among the most powerful and influential actors in today's society - for better or for worse. At the Department of Management, we challenge ourselves and our students to think critically and creatively about management and organisational practice, so that these might increasingly meet their potential as forces for good.
Our management courses prepare students to aim high, take significant responsibility and succeed in careers in business, public sector organisations and the third sector.
Management students learn from experts in the field. Current members of the department have expertise in:
- strategic management
- organisational culture, values and organisational identity
- group dynamics and learning
- business ethics and sustainability
- internationalisation of business
- third sector and non-profit management
- institutional and organisational change
- sustainable supply chain management
- global migration, work and employment
- internationalisation of knowledge-intensive work
- political economy of labour markets
What kind of student would this course suit?
Our management courses may be for you if you want a degree that will contribute to your personal development and enhance your employability. You will learn how to structure arguments, develop strategies, work in teams and give presentations to small groups.
You will enjoy the balanced approach we take in our courses, which develop the quantitative and discursive abilities that are so valued by employers. You will also enjoy studying management with us if you like a variety of approaches in your learning.
How is this course taught and assessed?
We use a range of teaching methods. As well as lectures introducing new material to a large group of students, we run exercise lectures demonstrating the application of material. Our small-group teaching enables valuable interaction and discussion with tutors and with peers.
You will prepare assignments during the year and receive feedback to help you learn from your work. Degree classifications are determined primarily by examinations, although some units include a coursework element as part of the final assessment. You may also complete a dissertation.
What are my career prospects?
With a combination of relevant theory, analytical skills and quantitative techniques, a degree in management from Bristol will equip you for a wide range of careers in all sectors. A number of our students join graduate management schemes, while others opt for careers in such sectors as management consulting, finance and accounting.
Read more about what students from Management go on to do after graduation.
Important disclaimer information about our courses.
Download the Management leaflet 2017 (PDF, 457kB)