Plan your day
Our open days are packed with activities to help you get a feel for student life in Bristol. With so much to explore and do, plan your day carefully to ensure you don't miss a thing.
All our open days run from 9:30 am to 4 pm.
- Information talks
- Subject activities
- Student accommodation
- City in our Garden
- On the day
- Your safety
Our information talks give you information about the services that support university life at Bristol, from admissions to sports. These talks are extremely popular and you must book a place in advance when registering for your open day.
Learn about studying your degree subject at Bristol through subject activities including talks, displays and tours of facilities. Our subject talks are extremely popular and you must book a place in advance.
We recommend allowing at least 30 minutes to visit each subject display.
Meet the University's main student services teams and put your questions to staff and current students in the open day exhibition in the Richmond Building (80).
- Student support
- Student funding
- Careers Service
- Global Opportunities
- International students
- Sport, exercise and health
- Students' Union
- Library services
- Mature student support
- University nursery
- Peer mentoring
- Performance marketplace
- Postgraduate study
- Bristol Futures
Many of our facilities will be open to view, including libraries and study spaces and the University of Bristol Students' Union.
We guarantee an offer of accommodation to all first-year undergraduate students.
At the open day there are three ways you can find out more about student accommodation. The same information is available at each, so you only need plan one of these:
- Attend an accommodation talk on the main campus.
- Speak with staff from our Accommodation Office at the open day exhibition.
- Take a tour of our residences in Stoke Bishop, Clifton and/or the city centre. Visiting accommodation on the open day is always very popular and there can be long queues.
You can also find out more about accommodation for new undergraduates prior to the open day.
Royal Fort Gardens
Enjoy a taste of Bristol in the picturesque Royal Fort Gardens, right at the heart of the main campus. We'll treat you to some of the culture that Bristol has to offer, including scrumptious street food and music.
On the day
- Registration scan in On arrival make sure you scan in at one of our check-in stations so we know you are here.
- Find your way around Plan in advance and allow up to 30 minutes between activities - see also maps and travel information.
- Refreshments There are facilities across the University where will be able to purchase food and drink.
- Wi-Fi is available for open day visitors via The Cloud wireless network.
- Luggage Unfortunately we are unable to store luggage.
- Meeting point Information point in Royal Fort Gardens.
- Lost property Information point in Royal Fort Gardens.
- Toilets are available in most University buildings; ask a student steward for the nearest location.
- Prayer facilities for Muslim visitors are open all day in our multifaith chaplaincy - see maps and travel information.
We want you to have a great day when you come and visit us. Open days are busy and you may need to walk between activities using public roads that will be open to traffic as usual. Large numbers of visitors mean that pavements in certain areas can become very crowded; please take care when crossing roads.
If there is an emergency, please listen to the instructions from staff and stewards.
Members of staff will be available in all buildings that are open on the day and our stewards will be able to help you. In an emergency, contact the University's Security Services on 0117 331 1223.
If you have access requirements or impaired mobility, please see our information for visitors with disabilities.
Our next open day
Our next open day takes place on Saturday 8 September 2018.
Booking opens online from 25 July.
Maps and travel information including details of our free shuttle bus services