Open days are a great opportunity to bring a group of students to visit the University. If you plan to bring a group, please contact us.
Preparing your students
To ensure students get the most out of the day, encourage them to take the following steps beforehand:
- Look at the University website and course finder to make sure we offer a course that interests them.
- Look at our open days factsheet (PDF, 338kB) for advice on how to make the most out of the day.
- Think about the university experience as a whole:
- What will it be like living in Bristol?
- Is it too far from or too close to home?
- Are they serious about applying to Bristol before they book for an open day?
- What do they want to know about the city?
- Look at the Plan your day section before booking, so they can select which talks and activities they want to attend.
- Study the open day programme; we will email a link to download a copy when students book their place.
- Think of some questions in advance; your students will be able to talk to academics and current undergraduates.
Opportunities for teachers, lecturers and HE advisers
If you are a teacher, lecturer or HE adviser, you must book your own place on the open day. When you book you will be able to reserve a place on any of our subject or information talks.
Academics, current students and admissions staff will be on hand to answer questions and provide information about our courses and how to support students through the application process.
Further outreach opportunities
The University is committed to working with schools and colleges throughout the UK to encourage young people to think about higher education.
This includes higher education and careers fairs, giving talks to staff, students and parents, and supporting candidates through the application process.
Our next open day
Our next open day takes place on Saturday 8 September 2018.
Booking opens online from 25 July.
Maps and travel information including details of our free shuttle bus services