Terms and Conditions
Access to and use of The University Of Bristol Theatre Collection’s image and text files and data on this site are subject to the following terms and conditions which take effect on the date from which you first use the site:
- The text, images, and data on the University of Bristol Theatre Collection (the "Theatre Collection") website (the "Site") are protected by copyright and may be covered by other restrictions as well. The Theatre Collection retains all rights, including copyright, in data, images, software, documentation, text, and other information contained in these files (collectively, the "Materials"). Copyright and other proprietary rights may be held by individuals or entities other than, or in addition to, the Theatre Collection.
- The Materials are made available for solely limited non-commercial; educational and personal use only, or for fair use as defined in the copyright laws of England and Wales. Subject to this condition users may download these files for their own use, subject to any additional terms or restrictions that may be applicable to the individual file or program. Users must acknowledge the source of the Materials as they would material from any printed work, and the citations should include the URL "http://www.bristol.ac.uk/theatrecollection". The Frequently Asked Questions and Answers listed below may assist you in interpreting permitted uses in these Terms and Conditions.
- The Theatre Collection does not warrant that use of the Materials displayed on the Site will not infringe the rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with the Centre. For example, some works may be under copyright by an author, photographer or an artist or their heirs holding rights to these works. Such works may not be used in any form; they may not be copied or downloaded without prior permission from the holder of the underlying copyright.
- Copying or redistribution in any manner for commercial use, including commercial publication, or for personal gain is strictly prohibited. Permission for such use must be sought from the Theatre Collection.
- Without limiting the foregoing, all Materials on the Site are provided "as is" without a warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular use, and/or non-infringement. The Theatre Collection assumes no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your use of the Site or your downloading of any Materials from the Site.
- The Theatre Collection has not reviewed all of the sites linked to the Site and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or other sites linked to the Site. Your linking to any off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
- The Theatre Collection may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then-current Terms and Conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
May I put unaltered images or text from the Theatre Collection’s website on my
May I put images or text from the Theatre Collection’s website on a CD-ROM, public domain or otherwise?
May I print selected images or text excerpts from the Theatre Collection’s website for a school or university assessment?
Yes, if it is a non-commercial personal or academic assessment, and not for publication in any medium. The images and text must remain unaltered. All of the accompanying caption information must be included without alteration. You should cite the source as you would any printed work; the citation should include the URL "http://www.bristol.ac.uk/theatrecollection". All other forms of publication are expressly prohibited.
How do I obtain permission for other forms of publication?
Copyright © 2006 University of Bristol Theatre Collection. All rights reserved.
Anyone wishing to use the Materials from this Site for purposes other than as authorised herein must obtain prior written approval. Permission for such use is granted on a case-by-case basis at the sole discretion of the Theatre Collection. Please refer to Reprographics.