PG Certificate, Diploma, MSc
Have you ever thought about teaching but feel you don't have the right skills? Our renowned Master's in TLHP programme, one of the largest in the UK, is a modular course in teaching and learning.
There are three intakes each year: September, January and April.
The modular unit structure builds up to a Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma or MSc
Have you already completed a teaching qualification? You may be able to apply for Recognition of Prioir Learning (RPL). This is when a student is exempted from some parts of their chosen programme of academic study by recognition of their learning from previous experience or achievements.
This can be applied in a number of ways;
As we work in partnership with Plymouth University to deliver the Professional and Generic Skills Programme (PGSP) we are pleased to be able to offer Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) for 20 credits if you have completed the programme. To complete the PG Certificate you would be required to submit a 3000 word assignment titled " A reflective and analytical evaluation of the planning and delivery of a teaching session, underpinned by a critical consideration of educational theory and literature" and attend Unit 2 and Unit 3
We welcome applications for RPL from other courses, please contact us to discuss your prior learning firstname.lastname@example.org
Why study with us?
- Four core full time lecturers provide direct, continuing support for your learning.
- Ability to submit draft assignments and receive formative feedback prior to final submission.
- Flexible units you can take at your own pace.
- Study support via email, face to face tutorials and our Blackboard virtual learning environment.
- Inter-professional study: applicants are from non-medical as well as medical health professions.
- Integrated MSc in teaching and learning - progress to the level that meets your academic and personal development needs.
- A modular, part-time, postgraduate Medical Education course covering the skills and knowledge needed to teach and assess more effectively, as well as improving your skills in educational design and management.