Travel to Work Implementation Group
The Travel to Work Implementation Group (TWIG) will normally have 15 members, with a quorum of eight. The Chairman and membership of the Group will be agreed by the Committee of Deans and nominated through the Pro-Vice Chancellor.
The Group will report to the Committee of Deans on at least an annual basis, but can report more frequently if necessary.
The Group may investigate any activity within its terms of reference and seek any information it requires from members of staff.
The Group will:
- oversee implementation of the University Transport Plan.
- advise the Bursar and other relevant departments on matters of implementation, such as the priority for undertaking schemes to improve facilities for cyclists and walkers.
- advice the Committee of Deans on matters of policy, such as the level of provision for disabled and other "special needs" groups of staff and ensure that relevant staff groups, including Trade Unions, are consulted.
- through the Committee of Deans advise the Board on the level of car parking charges that should be set.
- advise the Committee of Deans on what action, if any, should be taken to further develop the aims of the University Transport Plan.
- create sub-groups, when necessary, to progress specific issues or initiatives identified in the Transport Plan.
- review the success of individual initiatives and identify areas for improvement.
- review the success of the overall Transport Plan by undertaking a staff travel survey on at least a biennial basis.
- advise on the setting of future targets, for desired changes for the staff population.
- promote discussions with transport providers and other large organisations within Bristol to further the aims of the Transport Plan.
- during the implementation of the University Transport Plan, meetings will normally be held three times a year.