Bristol Vet School is among best in the world, new league table confirms 9 March 2020 The University of Bristol Veterinary School is 15th in the world
- Bristol Vet School is among best in the world, new league table confirms 9 March 2020 The University of Bristol Veterinary School is 15th in the world
- Animal Welfare and Behaviour Group ranked best in the world 7 February 2020 Bristol Veterinary School’s Animal Welfare and Behaviour Group has been ranked the most successful of its kind in the last 50 years, in the world - with new research demonstrating that it’s the most widely published and highly cited in the field of animal welfare (Freire and Nicol 2019).
- Thinking of a canine companion? Bristol Vet School's UK Dog Project needs you! 15 January 2020 The University of Bristol's Veterinary School has launched a first-of-its-kind large-scale study into the lives of dogs and their owners. The UK Dog Project will take the first in-depth look into UK dog ownership as an overall journey, from those first thinking of bringing a canine companion into their home - right through to being well-seasoned dog owners.
- Educational video could improve the welfare of millions of broilers 23 December 2019 The welfare of millions of broiler chickens could be improved thanks to an educational video to help farmers identify and encourage positive welfare in broilers. The video has been created following collaborative work by The Co-op, their chicken supplier, Two Sisters Food Group, and research partners the University of Bristol and FAI Farms.
- Season's greetings and a successful start for students of new Accelerated Graduate Entry programme 13 December 2019 Wrapping up for the festive period marks the end of a successful first semester for Bristol Vet School, which is sending its first cohort of students of the Accelerated Graduate Entry Programme (AGEP) on their way for the Christmas break, having happily completed their first semester.
- Probiotics and prebiotics work differently in girls and boys according to piglet study 9 December 2019 Baby boy's and girl's immune systems respond differently to prebiotics and probiotics, according to new research. The paper published in Frontiers in Immunology today [9 December] suggests that differences in male and female immunity begin much earlier than previously thought.
- Wales to lead the way in responsible antibiotics use in veterinary surgeries 18 November 2019 Wales will soon be leading the way in promoting best practice prescribing of antimicrobials, thanks to a nationwide project launched today [Monday 18 November] on European Antibiotic Awareness Day and the start of World Antibiotic Awareness Week [18–24 November].
- New PhD opportunities 12 November 2019
- Free vaccines for dog and cat owners in Lawrence Weston 5 November 2019 A free vaccination programme for dogs and cats has been organised by a student-led organisation from the Bristol Veterinary School. The Bristol Paws Project, which aims to help owners and pets that may not otherwise be able to afford veterinary treatments, organised a free vaccination drive last month, and the second set of vaccines will be administered tomorrow [Wednesday 6 November].
- Vet School awarded prestigious American Veterinary Medical Association accreditation 22 October 2019 The University of Bristol Veterinary School has been awarded full accreditation of the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA). Bristol's Veterinary School is now one of only seven veterinary schools with AVMA accreditation in Europe.