NEW PhD Opportunities 14 March 2018 GW4-CAT PhD programme
- NEW PhD Opportunities 14 March 2018 GW4-CAT PhD programme
- Fast-track vet course launched at the University of Bristol 8 March 2018 Aspiring vets can now fast-track their training, thanks to an innovative four-year training programme by the University of Bristol’s Bristol Veterinary School (BVS).
- Forecast launched to help sheep farmers respond to annual spring threat to young lambs 8 March 2018 It may not feel like it in parts of the UK hit by 'The Beast from the East' and Storm Emma, but spring is just around the corner – and with it the annual deadly threat from the roundworm Nematodirus in lambs.
- Food industry specialists come together for animal health and welfare event 7 March 2018 Progressing animal welfare was the focus of an Animal Health and Welfare Day jointly hosted by the University of Bristol Veterinary School and continental meat supplier Winterbotham Darby. This annual event, now in its third year, brought together academics, researchers, NGOs, major retailers, journalists and industry partners across the food sector.
- Dr Kristen Reyher discusses AMR with BBC Radio 4 Farming Today 1 March 2018 Dr Kristen Reyher from the University of Bristol's School of Veterinary Sciences, talks about current concerns over antimicrobial resistance in humans, and how that can be impacted by overuse of antibiotics in agriculture.
- Veterinary Science at Bristol is world-class 1 March 2018 Veterinary Science at Bristol ranked in the top 50 - new league table confirms
- NEW PhD studentships available 13 February 2018 Bristol Vet School invites applications for 3-year funded PhD studentships
- Experts in animal welfare and policy development participate in ground-breaking workshops 12 February 2018 The Bristol Veterinary School at the University of Bristol and the Royal Agricultural University (RAU) have joined forces this month [February] to stage two workshops which aim to shape new agricultural policies.
- Vet School announces new undergraduate programme 26 January 2018 Bristol Veterinary School is delighted to announce the launch of a brand-new undergraduate programme, Veterinary Science: Accelerated Graduate Entry (BVSc), commencing September 2019. This is a fast-track programme for graduates in a relevant science subject which enables completion of the BVSc in four years instead of five.
- New £1M poultry research facility aims to improve bird welfare and help consumer confidence 24 January 2018 A new £1M state-of-the art poultry facility offering specialist, industry-focused research into both laying hen and broiler health, welfare, behavior and productivity, will open today [Wednesday 24 January] at the University of Bristol’s Veterinary School.