- Rooney, N, Clark, C & Casey, R, 2016, Minimising fear and anxiety in working dogs: a review. Journal of Veterinary Behavior-Clinical Applications and Research, vol 16., pp. 53-64
- Rooney, N, 2016, A medical detection role for dogs. International Animal Health Journal, vol 3.
- Rooney, N, 2016, Deleterious effects of pedigree dog breeding on behaviour. European Journal of Companion Animal Practice, vol 26., pp. 24
- Bradshaw, J & Rooney, N, 2016, Social and Communication Behaviour. in: James Serpell (eds) The Domestic Dog: its evolution, behavior and interactions with people. ., Cambridge
- Bradshaw, JWS, Pullen, AJ & Rooney, NJ, 2015, Why do adult dogs 'play'?. Behavioural Processes, vol 110., pp. 82-7
- Rooney, NJ, Blackwell, EJ, Mullan, SM, Saunders, R, Baker, PE, Hill, JM, Sealey, CE, Turner, MJ & Held, SDE, 2014, The current state of welfare, housing and husbandry of the English pet rabbit population. BMC Research Notes, vol 7.
- Rooney, NJ, Morant, S & Guest, C, 2013, Investigation into the Value of Trained Glycaemia Alert Dogs to Clients with Type I Diabetes. PLoSONE.
- Rooney, NJ & , S, 2011, Training methods and owner-dog interactions: Links with dog behaviour and learning ability. Applied Animal Behaviour Science, vol 132., pp. 169-177
- Rooney, NJ & Sargan, D, 2010, Welfare concerns associated with pedigree dog breeding in the UK. Animal Welfare, vol 19., pp. 133-140
- Rooney, N, Gaines, S & Hiby, E, 2009, A Practitioner's guide to working dog welfare. Journal of Veterinary Behavior: Clinical Applications and Research, vol 4(3)., pp. 127 - 134
View complete publications list in the University of Bristol publications system