Programme finalised: book your place at the Second Drone Cinematography Workshop 5 November 2019 Hosted by BVI, this MultiDrone workshop that will bring together experts in drone cinematography from across Europe.
- Programme finalised: book your place at the Second Drone Cinematography Workshop 5 November 2019 Hosted by BVI, this MultiDrone workshop that will bring together experts in drone cinematography from across Europe.
- The 2019 Richard Gregory Lecture: Reality Starts Here: Building Fictional Futures to Change the World 8 October 2019 We are delighted to announce that this year’s Richard Gregory Lecture will be delivered by Professor Alex McDowell RDI, on 28 November in the Great Hall, University of Bristol.
- BVI speaker at AHRC Beyond Conference 3 October 2019 Professor David Bull has been invited to join a panel of experts who will debate the impact and potential of AI and machine learning in the creative industries.
- BVI invited to join Facebook panel at IEEE ICIP 2019 1 October 2019 BVI had a strong presence in this year’s premier conference on image and video technology, the IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP2019), that took place in Taipei, Taiwan.
- BVI extends its strategic relationship with Netflix 17 April 2019 BVI’s Visual Information Laboratory has been collaborating with Netflix in Los Gatos for several years, supporting their work on media delivery and video quality assessment.
- MyWorld: Seed funding awarded for a new creative hub 20 March 2019 Plans for a world-leading creative media hub are one step closer to reality after a successful bid for government funding led by BVI in partnership with the region’s universities, businesses and community organisations.
- Reflecting on The Impossible Garden Project 21 December 2018 Just as Luke Jerram’s sculpture ‘DECIDE’, located in the Botanic Garden’s pond, was a nod to the current (and ongoing) flux of the country, so we wanted to take a moment to reflect on the impact of the Impossible Garden project.
- Dates for your diary! 16 October 2018 With the autumn term now in full swing, we wanted to share details of various seminars and events we have planned and encourage those interested in the world of vision to come along and be inspired!
- The Impossible Garden 25 September 2018 Over 15,000 visitors have explored the Impossible Garden exhibition at the University of Bristol's Botanic Garden since July. Open until the end of November, this unique collaboration between BVI and artist Luke Jerram, aims to enhance our understanding of vision, as both the BBC and ITV have reported
- The Impossible Garden: Exploring the edges of perception 19 July 2018 The Impossible Garden is a unique set of experimental sculptures by artist Luke Jerram, inspired by visual phenomena. The 12 exhibits were created after a nine-month residency at the Bristol Eye Hospital, where Luke deepened his knowledge of visual perception, whilst learning about BVI's research in this area