Reflecting on The Impossible Garden Project 21 December 2018 Just as Luke Jerram’s sculpture ‘DECIDE’, located in the Botanic Garden’s pond, was a nod to the current (and ongoing) flux of the country, so we wanted to take a moment to reflect on the impact of the Impossible Garden project.
- Reflecting on The Impossible Garden Project 21 December 2018 Just as Luke Jerram’s sculpture ‘DECIDE’, located in the Botanic Garden’s pond, was a nod to the current (and ongoing) flux of the country, so we wanted to take a moment to reflect on the impact of the Impossible Garden project.
- Dates for your diary! 16 October 2018 With the autumn term now in full swing, we wanted to share details of various seminars and events we have planned and encourage those interested in the world of vision to come along and be inspired!
- The Impossible Garden 25 September 2018 Over 15,000 visitors have explored the Impossible Garden exhibition at the University of Bristol's Botanic Garden since July. Open until the end of November, this unique collaboration between BVI and artist Luke Jerram, aims to enhance our understanding of vision, as both the BBC and ITV have reported
- The Impossible Garden: Exploring the edges of perception 19 July 2018 The Impossible Garden is a unique set of experimental sculptures by artist Luke Jerram, inspired by visual phenomena. The 12 exhibits were created after a nine-month residency at the Bristol Eye Hospital, where Luke deepened his knowledge of visual perception, whilst learning about BVI's research in this area
- Bristol Drone Cinematography Workshop 11 December 2017 The MultiDrone Consortium organised the first Drone Cinematography Workshop at the University of Bristol on 6 December 2017.
- Inside the Mind of the Audience: Measuring Immersion in Visual Media 7 November 2017 In work financed through an Impact Accelerator grant and the BVI EPSRC Platform Grant, Dr Stephen Hinde, supervised by Professor Iain Gilchrist and Professor David Bull, are working on research into the psychological measurement of immersion while audiences watch media.
- Bristol announced as a UNESCO City of Film 2 November 2017 The University of Bristol has welcomed today’s exciting news that Bristol has been named a UNESCO City of Film.
- Recapitulation of the PROVISION Training Network 24 October 2017 PROVISION was an Initial Training Network (within the framework of Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions) of leading research organisations (University of Bristol, University of Nantes, HHI Fraunhofer Berlin and RWTH University of Aachen) and industrial organisations (BBC, Netflix, Technicolor, Vitec and YouTube).
- BBC and UK universities launch major partnership to unlock potential of data 19 October 2017 BBC Research and Development has announced a five-year research partnership with eight UK Universities to unlock the potential of data in the media. The Data Science Research Partnership will be at the forefront of machine learning in the media industry, helping create a more personal BBC that can inform, educate and entertain in new ways.
- VILab Hits IEEE ICIP in China in September 26 September 2017 BVI’s Visual Information Laboratory had a strong presence at this year’s IEEE International Conference on Image Processing in Beijing, China. ICIP is the premier international conference in the field of image and video processing.