BVI delivers first online Vision Researchers Colloquium 3 July 2020 On Thursday 2 July, BVI hosted its first online Vision Researchers Colloquium, welcoming attendees from across the globe, and of course from GW4 universities.
- BVI delivers first online Vision Researchers Colloquium 3 July 2020 On Thursday 2 July, BVI hosted its first online Vision Researchers Colloquium, welcoming attendees from across the globe, and of course from GW4 universities.
- MyWorld set to make South West a digital media leader on global stage 26 June 2020 We wanted to share the very exciting news that a University of Bristol initiative, led by BVI’s Professor David Bull, has been awarded £30 million by the UK Research and Innovation Strength in Places fund.
- BVI events go online - please join us! 11 May 2020 BVI is a thriving vision research community and by taking events online, we hope to continue to provide a platform for ongoing and rigorous debate across the disciplines
- VI Lab's Dr Dima Damen awarded prestigious 5-year EPSRC Early Career Fellowship 16 December 2019 The EPSRC Fellowship will start in January 2020 and extend VI Lab's strong research track record in understanding object interactions, which includes leadership of the largest dataset in egocentric videos 'EPIC-Kitchens'.
- Programme finalised for the Second Drone Cinematography Workshop 5 November 2019 Hosted by BVI, this MultiDrone workshop that will bring together experts in drone cinematography from across Europe.
- The 2019 Richard Gregory Lecture: Reality Starts Here: Building Fictional Futures to Change the World 8 October 2019 We are delighted to announce that this year’s Richard Gregory Lecture will be delivered by Professor Alex McDowell RDI, on 28 November in the Great Hall, University of Bristol.
- BVI speaker at AHRC Beyond Conference 3 October 2019 Professor David Bull has been invited to join a panel of experts who will debate the impact and potential of AI and machine learning in the creative industries.
- BVI invited to join Facebook panel at IEEE ICIP 2019 1 October 2019 BVI had a strong presence in this year’s premier conference on image and video technology, the IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP2019), that took place in Taipei, Taiwan.
- BVI extends its strategic relationship with Netflix 17 April 2019 BVI’s Visual Information Laboratory has been collaborating with Netflix in Los Gatos for several years, supporting their work on media delivery and video quality assessment.
- MyWorld: Seed funding awarded for a new creative hub 20 March 2019 Plans for a world-leading creative media hub are one step closer to reality after a successful bid for government funding led by BVI in partnership with the region’s universities, businesses and community organisations.