KITE SOCIETY MINUTES 25/10/99
Present : Catherine Hotham, Penny Warren, Owain Evans, Richard , Hammy
1) Web site - Hammy confirmed that the web site would be running as
of 26/10/99. The address will be www.bris.ac.uk/Depts/Union/BUKS.
2) Next of kin - It was pointed out that the union required the club to hold details of members next of kin. Penny to write email.
3) Signing out kites - It was agreed that £10 in cash or a post
dated cheque should be used as a deposit against the hiring of kites. It
was also decided that the loan should be for a period of a week or
longer in the case that no one else wants it. Richard to write email when
set up re deposit, time and care of kites when on hire. Review next meeting.
4) Funds - It was pointed out that the cheque book would arrive
within a week.
5) Fleece hats - It was decided that the logo for the hat should be decided by getting suggestions from the club. ---- to email club. The cost is yet to be confirmed.
6) Insurance - Catherine and Penny or Rich to go to union to speak to Clive re insurance this week. There has been some interest in weekend trips which can be discussed when insurance has been organised.
7) Meetings - It was decided that we should continue meeting on Mondays at 5.30 as a temporary measure. Once email is set up it will be possible to arrange different times as the winter approaches. It was also decided that we should now meet at the traffic lights rather than Bohemia and if anyone is late they should meet at the Downs. In the event that the weather is bad, an email will be sent out cancelling the meeting.
8) Other business - It was discussed that we should possibly have a
social on a Saturday to encourage all members. To be reviwed next time.