New Bridewell is a self-catered residence for undergraduate students, based in the heart of Bristol’s city centre. It offers high-quality en suite and studio accommodation in a modern setting. New Bridewell opened for the first time in 2016.
From £161 per week
Images and video of New Bridewell
Photography is representative - room layout, contents and furnishings may vary.
Location of New Bridewell
Getting to the campus
- 0.7 miles from campus
- Approximately 14 minutes walk
- Approximately 7 minutes cycle
New Bridewell, Nelson Street, Bristol , BS1 2BA
Bristol city centre is within easy walking distance of the University campus, and benefits from an endless supply of shops, cafes and bars. Nearby shopping centres include Cabot Circus, The Galleries and Broadmead, which together have over 500 stores, cafes and restaurants. There are cinemas and theatres, as well as Bristol’s vibrant Harbourside, which hosts many festivals and events throughout the year, and is a popular area for nights out. Our city centre residences will all experience construction noise levels associated with a developing urban centre. The University cannot be held responsible for any such disruption that is outside its control.
|Room types available||Accommodation fee||Weekly fee|
|Single en suite||£6724.62||£160.11|
|Studio (single occupancy)||£7911.54||£188.37|
|Studio (double occupancy)||£8751.54||£208.37|
The tenancy is a fixed term contract of 42 weeks (16 September 2017 to 7 July 2018) and covers the duration of the academic year.
Find out more about what's included in your fees and the additional costs that are payable.
- Run in partnership with Fresh Student Living
- Part of our city centre old town group of residences
- This residence cannot be allocated to students who require assistance with evacuating the building
- All rooms en suite - with a basin, toilet and shower cubicle
- Flats shared between 4 - 6 students
- Some single-sex flats are available
- All beds small double size (4ft/122cm wide) with storage space underneath
- Internet access (StudentCom) in rooms
- Bike storage (additional cost for insurance)
- Common room
- Study room
Contact us about this residence
Tel: +44 (0)117 375 1093
Warden: Dr Steve Bullock Student Support Adviser: Miss Emma Keen
Please note that student support service in residences is under review. Details of the proposed model for the 2018/19 academic year can be found on our student support pages.
Arranging a viewing: you can visit some residences on open days. To visit at any other time please contact the student support adviser for each residence.