Three Bristol chemists awarded by the Royal Society of Chemistry 24 June 2020 Three members of the School of Chemistry have received awards from the Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Green Impact Silver Award 10 July 2020 The School of Chemistry Admin Team has been awarded the Silver Award by the Green Impact scheme.
- Ground-breaking project by scientists could help Government achieve UK’s net zero carbon target 26 June 2020 Chemists, biochemists and physicists at Bristol, Exeter and Sheffield have teamed up in a £7.25M 5-year project that could drive down the cost of energy production and help in the Government’s net zero carbon ambitions.
- Three Bristol chemists awarded by the Royal Society of Chemistry 24 June 2020 Three members of the School of Chemistry have received awards from the Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Air Quality Research for Primary School Children 9 June 2020 A resource which uses the UK’s Air Quality Archive and facilitates research by primary children, their teachers, and their carers, has now gone live.
- Chemical evidence of dairying by hunter-gatherers in highland Lesotho in the first millennium AD 20 May 2020 After analysing organic residues from ancient pots, a team of scientists led by the University of Bristol, including members of the School of Chemistry, has uncovered new evidence of dairying by hunter-gatherers in the landlocked South African country of Lesotho in the mid-late first millennium AD.
- Revolutionary new method for dating pottery sheds new light on prehistoric past 24 April 2020 A team from the School of Chemistry has developed a new method of dating pottery which is allowing archaeologists to date prehistoric finds from across the world with remarkable accuracy.
- School of Chemistry produces WHO hand sanitiser for city's key workers 22 April 2020 A team from the University of Bristol’s School of Chemistry is producing World Health Organisation (WHO) hand sanitiser for key workers throughout the city, as part of its ongoing community efforts throughout the coronavirus outbreak.
- £2.2 million grant to support five years of research in the field of synthetic chemistry 1 April 2020 Jonathan Clayden has been awarded a €2.5M (£2.2M) Advanced Grant from the ERC, one of nine awards in chemistry across the whole of Europe, of which two came to the UK. The project in the field of synthetic chemistry is entitled 'Artificial Translation with Dynamic Foldamers: Relaying Encoded Messages into Chemical Function'
- EPSRC New Investigator Award 2020 for research on protocellular materials 13 March 2020 Dr Pierangelo Gobbo, Vice Chancellor’s Fellow at the School of Chemistry, has won an EPSRC New Investigator Award worth £392,000.
- Florence Gregson, from the University of Bristol's School of Chemistry, wins gold at national STEM awards 12 March 2020 Nine University of Bristol students presented their research in the Houses of Parliament on 9 March 2020 as part of a national competition which celebrates early stage or early career researchers; Florence Gregson, from the school of Chemistry, was awarded the gold medal.