Professor Andrew Orr-Ewing elected as Fellow of the Royal Society 5 May 2017 The School of Chemistry is delighted to announce that Professor Andrew Orr-Ewing has been elected as Fellow of the Royal Society for his outstanding contribution to science
- Celebration of Bristol Chemistry V 4 July 2018 Early career research celebrated in the School of Chemistry
- Novel molecular designs unlock therapeutic potential of nicotine receptors 15 June 2018 Seven million people die each year from smoking related diseases, according to the World Health Organisation, with the annual death toll expected to rise to eight million by 2030.
- Predicting the outcome of the arms race between man and bacteria 7 June 2018 Through computer simulations, scientists can predict if bacteria can be stopped with popular antibacterial therapies or not – a breakthrough which will help select and develop effective treatments for bacterial infections.
- Polymer crystals hold key to record-breaking energy transport 25 May 2018 Chemists from the universities of Bristol and Cambridge have found a way to create polymeric semiconductor nanostructures that absorb light and transport its energy further than previously observed.
- Professor Chris Willis awarded by the Royal Society of Chemistry 23 May 2018 In recognition of her outstanding service on numerous Royal Society of Chemistry committees over more than 25 years, Chris has been awarded an RSC 2018 Award for Service
- A concept to tune and address the packing parameter of amphiphiles - research from the Faul group. 16 May 2018 A paper from the Faul Research Group, with collaborators from China, Diamond Light Source and the Bristol Centre for Functional Nanomaterials (BCFN) has just appeared as inside front cover in the latest issue of Chemical Science – featuring the Clifton Suspension Bridge, amongst others!
- Poster Prize Success for Michael O'Hagan 15 May 2018 Chemical Synthesis CDT student Michael O’Hagan (Galan group) won 2nd Poster Prize at the RSC North West Regional Meeting
- Three professors from the School awarded by the Royal Society of Chemistry 8 May 2018 Three professors from the School of Chemistry have won prestigious awards from the Royal Society of Chemistry.
- 18th Bristol Synthesis Meeting hosted by the School of Chemistry 18 April 2018 The 18th Bristol Synthesis Meeting took place on Tuesday 10th April 2018 and brought together over 550 chemistry researchers from institutions around the UK, Ireland and further afield to listen to five renowned speakers representing diverse areas of organic chemistry. The vast majority of the delegates were postgraduate students and the enthusiasm this brought to the conference was palpable.
- Bristol researchers awarded over €10M in European Research Council grants 12 April 2018 Five senior researchers from the University of Bristol have been awarded over €10M in European Research Council (ERC) Advanced Grants in recognition of their ‘excellent science’ and potentially ground-breaking research.