Your subject librarian
Tel: +44 (0)117 928 8984 | Internal 88984
Contact us if you would like some advice. We can help you to:
Key subject resources
- BIOSIS Citation Index - comprehensive database for the traditional areas of biology that combines content from the BIOSIS Previews database with fully indexed cited references from BIOSIS (from 2006) and content from all the Web of Science databases (prior to and post 2006).
- Digimap - service delivering maps and map data to UK Higher Education, including the following: Digimap - Ordnance Survey Collection, Historic Digimap, Geology Digimap.
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS) - includes references dating back to 1951, with over 2,800 journals regularly indexed
- LandIS (Land Information System) - a substantial environmental information system operated by Cranfield University, UK, designed to contain soil and soil-related information for England and Wales including spatial mapping of soils at a variety of scales as well as corresponding soil property and agro-climatological data.
- Scopus - large abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature, including: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings across the fields of science, technology, Medicine, social sciences, and arts and humanities.
- Web of Science: Core Collection - databases available within the Web of Science Core Collection: Science Citation Index (1900-, with 1900-1945 limited to c.250 core journals); Social sciences Citation Index (1956-); Arts and Humanities Citation Index (1975-); Arts and Humanities Citation Index (1975-); Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Science (1990-); Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Social Science & Humanities (1990-).
If there is a book you would like us to buy, please fill out the form.