Hispanic, Portuguese and Latin American studies resources
Location of print resources
- Past exam papers: located on first floor and available for photocopying
- PhD theses: ask at the ground floor Information Desk for access
- DVDs and videos: can be found on the second floor of the Arts and Social Sciences Library. A viewing room is available, please enquire about bookings at the Attendants' Desk on the ground floor.
- Bibliography of the History of Art (BHA) and Répertoire de la litterature de l'art (RILA) - citation databases, searchable together, covering material published between 1975 and 2007.
- Biblioteca Nacional de España - the catalogue of the national library of Spain.
- BITRA: Bibliography of Interpreting and Translation - a freely available bibliography of scholarly literature in translation and interpreting. It contains references to books, chapters, journal articles, and PhD theses, and is maintained by Dr Javier Franco at the University of Alicante.
- Dissertation Express - a searchable index providing brief citation details to Dissertation Abstracts International. You can choose to personally purchase the full text of dissertations/theses you require or you can request them via our Inter-Library Loans Service.
- Encyclopedia of Latin American History & Culture (e-book) - provides a comprehensive, multidisciplinary view of Latin American history and culture from prehistoric times to the present.
- Europeana – Europeana, the European digital library, museum and archive – is a website giving access to some 2 million digital objects, including film material, photos, paintings, sounds, maps, manuscripts, books, newspapers and archival papers.
- Explore Bristol Research - the University of Bristol's definitive research information source including full-text research publications, research projects and the people behind the research. Part of Pure, the University of Bristol's research information system.
- Handbook of Latin American Studies - a bibliography on Latin America consisting of works selected and annotated by scholars.
- JournalTOCs - a large free collection of scholarly journal Tables of Contents (TOCs) service covering thousands of journals from over a thousand publishers. It will alert you when new issues of your selected journals are published.
- Libros españoles en venta - Spanish books in print and for sale.
- REDIAL: Tesis Europeas Sobre America Latina - bibliographical references of read thematic doctoral theses on Latin American in European universities.
Get expert advice and support from your subject librarian.
Support for members of academic teaching staff, who would like to create an online reading list for their course unit.
If there is a book you would like us to buy, please fill out the form.
If items are in particularly high demand, please use our 1 day loan request form (Office document, 15kB) to request that they are transferred to 1 day loan.