Physiology pharmacology and neuroscience resources
Location of print resources
Most of the print resources for your subject are found in the Medical Library, with further specialised collections in the Veterinary Sciences Library. Use Library Search to find the classmark for an item, and to search for books and other materials.
You can also find useful material in other libraries:
- Biochemistry - in the Chemistry Library
- Bioengineering and biomechanics - in the Queen's Building Library
- Biophysics - in the Physics Library
- Cell sciences - in the Biological Sciences Library
- Dentistry - in the Medical Library
- Environmental - in the Biological Sciences Library
- Legislation, reports - in the Arts and Social Sciences Library and Wills Memorial Library
- Meat science - in the Veterinary Sciences Library
- Pre-clinical veterinary science and medicine - in the Medical Library
- Psychology - in the Arts and Social Sciences Library
- Social medicine - in the Arts and Social Sciences Library
A wide variety of clinical medicine journals can be found in local NHS hospital library collections. Please ask at the Issue Desk in the Medical Library for more information.
- DailyMed - information about marketed drugs from the US National Library of Medicine. Entries include a description, pharmacological information, indications and information about dosage and adverse reactions.
- Dissertation Express - a searchable index providing brief citation details to Dissertation Abstracts International. You can choose to personally purchase the full text of dissertations/theses you require or you can request them via our Inter-Library Loans Service.
- Electronic Medicines Compendium - information on thousands of licensed medicines available in the UK. Updated daily with new and revised information.
- Explore Bristol Research - the University of Bristol's definitive research information source including full-text research publications, research projects and the people behind the research. Part of Pure, the University of Bristol's research information system.
- JournalTOCs - a large free collection of scholarly journal Tables of Contents (TOCs) service covering thousands of journals from over a thousand publishers. It will alert you when new issues of your selected journals are published.
- UK Clinical Trials Gateway - information about current NIHR (National Institute for Health Research) research.
Get expert advice and support from your subject librarian.
If there is a book you would like us to buy, please fill out the form.