Grammar schools fail to help middle-income families 19 May 2017 Selective education harms the university prospects of bright pupils who just miss out on a place at a grammar school, according to new research from the UCL Institute of Education (IOE), University of Bristol and University of Warwick.
- Inspired by the archive: new exhibition explores the legacy of Kevin Elyot 23 May 2017 A new exhibition at the University of Bristol’s Theatre Collection celebrates the life and achievements of acclaimed actor, writer and Bristol drama alumnus Kevin Elyot.
- Interrogating proteins 22 May 2017 Scientists from the University of Bristol have designed a new protein structure, and are using it to understand how protein structures are stabilised.
- Animal welfare and research 3Rs symposium 22 May 2017 The University of Bristol held its first Animal Welfare and Research 3Rs symposium last month [Thursday 27 April]. During the symposium, scientists had the opportunity to find out about current research and share best practice of the ‘3Rs’: Replace, Reduce and Refine.
- Postgraduate researchers share their work with hundreds of visitors at Research without Borders 22 May 2017 Almost 100 University of Bristol students took part in Research without Borders 2017, our annual festival of postgraduate research.
- University of Bristol provides ‘iridescent star attraction’ for Chelsea Flower Show garden 19 May 2017 Gardens shaded by buildings or trees are becoming increasingly common, yet many gardeners find these sheltered spaces challenging.
- Hothouse climates of the past – lessons for the future 19 May 2017 Some of the world's leading climate change scientists will be in Bristol next week to discuss extreme warm climates throughout the history of the earth and how they help us understand the future of our planet.
- Grammar schools fail to help middle-income families 19 May 2017 Selective education harms the university prospects of bright pupils who just miss out on a place at a grammar school, according to new research from the UCL Institute of Education (IOE), University of Bristol and University of Warwick.
- Engine Shed launches new Investor-in-Residence service 18 May 2017 The collaboration between the University and Bristol City Council is now offering non-obligatory consultations with experienced investors.
- Up, up, and away: New University of Bristol balloon takes flight 18 May 2017 One of the University of Bristol’s most iconic sights – its hot air balloon – has had a makeover and took to the skies for the first time today [18 May].
- Life or death medical decisions involving a child – new study asks questions about current process 18 May 2017 How parents and clinicians make life or death medical decisions involving very young children is the focus of a new study published in the Archives of Disease in Childhood. The findings may offer insight into how the ‘best interests’ of a child are decided, when consensus between parents and clinicians can’t be reached.