£2 million award will advance understanding of mechanisms of learning and memory 22 June 2017 Neuroscientists at the University of Bristol have been awarded a prestigious £2 million Wellcome Trust Investigator Award for a five-year study to investigate the neuronal circuits that drive our recognition memory.
- Street piano project hits the right notes in Bristol this summer 29 June 2017 Bristol will come alive with the sound of music this summer thanks to the world-famous Play Me, I’m Yours street pianos project.
- More summer sunshine leading to increased Greenland ice melt 28 June 2017 A team of scientists, led by the University of Bristol, has discovered that a marked decrease in summer cloud cover during the last 20 years has significantly accelerated melt from the Greenland ice sheet.
- Bristol’s Dr Gorochowski awarded Royal Society University Research Fellowship 28 June 2017 Dr Thomas Gorochowski, from the University of Bristol’s Bristol BioDesign Institute, has been awarded a prestigious five-year University Research Fellowship by the Royal Society.
- Bristol to receive £1 million gift to launch the next generation of researchers 27 June 2017 The next generation of researchers and innovators at the University are set to benefit from a £1 million gift from University of Bristol alumnus Dr Jonathan de Pass and Georgina, his wife.
- Dr Albone honoured by Japanese government for science education work 27 June 2017 Dr Eric Albone MBE, Co-Founder and Director of the Clifton Scientific Trust, has been awarded the Order of the Rising Sun, Gold and Silver Rays by the government of Japan.
- Alzheimer's Society £2 million grant to draw expertise from local charity RICE 26 June 2017 Alzheimer's Society has announced that it has committed almost £2 million as part of its biggest-ever single investment in dementia care research and Professor Julian Hughes, RICE Professor of Old Age Psychiatry at the University of Bristol was a co-applicant on the grant.
- Bristol student to address UN General Assembly 26 June 2017 Third year French and Spanish student Nick Bloom was one of 60 applicants selected to be heard at the United Nations in New York this July.
- Bristol scholarship students head to New Zealand 26 June 2017 Eight Bristol students are about to begin summer research scholarships awarded by the University of Auckland (UoA) in New Zealand, a fellow member of the Worldwide Universities Network.
- Expedition aims to discover how melting ice is affecting supplies of nutrients in the sea 26 June 2017 A team of scientists, led by the University of Bristol, is preparing to take part in research expedition to coastal Greenland where they will examining, for the first time, how melting ice is affecting supplies of nutrients to the oceans.
- University celebrates sustainability at the 2017 Green Impact Awards 23 June 2017 Sustainability activity at the University of Bristol was recognised this week at the 2017 Green Impact Awards. Professor Judith Squires, Pro Vice-Chancellor for Education and Students, presented 41 awards to 30 teams, celebrating their efforts to improve sustainability during the past year.