From bench to bedside: new research centre to benefit humans, animals and the environment 9 June 2016 A new national centre, unique in the UK and Europe, that will take research out of the laboratory and closer to the bedside to ensure more patients worldwide can access ground-breaking treatments as quickly as possible will be officially opened today [Thursday 9 June].
- Statement: UK votes to leave the EU 24 June 2016 The University of Bristol recognises that leaving the European Union will create significant uncertainty for all UK universities, particularly around the mobility of staff and students, the funding of research and our international partnerships.
- University to celebrate the achievements in women in engineering 23 June 2016 Forty secondary school students will be at the University of Bristol today [Thursday 23 June] building coding machines to send secret messages to celebrate National Women in Engineering Day (NWED).
- A new bio-ink for 3D printing with stem cells 23 June 2016 Scientists at the University of Bristol have developed a new kind of bio-ink, which could eventually allow the production of complex tissues for surgical implants.
- Rocket seeds boldly grow 23 June 2016 The countdown is over for staff at the University of Bristol Botanic Garden to find out which collection of seeds they have been growing spent time in space. As part of British astronaut Tim Peake's mission, two kilograms of rocket (Eruca sativa) seeds were sent to the International Space Station last year and were returned to Earth in March after six months on board.
- Scientists calculate the fate of the Greenland meltwater 21 June 2016 Scientists have been able to track the flow of water created by Greenland's melting glaciers, revealing that it's currently having a less significant impact on the Gulf Stream than previously thought.
- Start-up company Interactive Scientific wins award at SETsquared annual innovation showcase 20 June 2016 Ten companies from SETsquared, the leading university business incubator, competed in an ‘elevator pitch’ to promote their businesses at the Annual Innovation Showcase on 15 June.
- Research project looking for mums-to-be with family history of eczema 20 June 2016 Researchers at the University of Bristol are looking for pregnant women to take part in a study into preventing babies developing eczema.
- Museum of the Moon, a new artwork by Luke Jerram, to be unveiled at Balloon Fiesta 17 June 2016 A new 'moon' will rise over the Bristol International Balloon Fiesta this year thanks to an exciting new artwork by Luke Jerram, created in partnership with the University of Bristol and other local organisations.
- University to take part in Bristol Grand Prix cycle road race 17 June 2016 A team of cyclists from the University of Bristol will be pushing themselves to the limit tomorrow [18 June] when they compete in the Bristol Grand Prix - a day of events and road races held in the city centre to inspire people of all ages and abilities to cycle.
- Scholarship scheme aims to break down barriers for asylum seekers and refugees 16 June 2016 A scholarship scheme for refugees, asylum seekers and their dependants has been launched by the University of Bristol.