Opening of University's Sporting Hall of Fame
Press release issued: 26 May 2004
Last night Bristol graduates, Josh Lewsey and Kirsten Barnes opened Bristol University's Sporting Hall of Fame.
Last night [Tuesday, May 25] Bristol graduates, Josh Lewsey (rugby World and European cup winner) and Kirsten Barnes (double Olympic gold medallist) opened Bristol University’s Sporting Hall of Fame.
The Hall, supported by the Alumni Foundation, was established to celebrate the achievements of many Bristol students in the world of sport.
The event, hosted by Bob Reeves, Director of Sport, Exercise and Health, took place in the Centre for Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences, Tyndall Avenue, Bristol.
The event was attended by top sporting stars including:
- Julia Bracewell (Olympian and Commonwealth games medallist);
- Arthur Milton (former international cricketer and footballer);
- Ed Morrison (former international rugby referee);
- Nick Nieland (Olympian and Commonwealth games medallist);
- Jonathan Webb (former England, Bristol and Bath rugby player).
The unveiling was followed by a question and answer session where the main sporting stars spoke about their experiences on the world stage.